Cody Lindsay is a chef by trade, and has completed 7 years and two tours with the Canadian Military and is covered by Veterans Affairs Canada for medical cannabis. He recently started a website to help other Veterans, thewellnesssoldier.com, where he writes about healthy eating, fitness, meditation, Veteran Affairs programs and medical marijuana. This is the first in an ongoing feature on Cody and his recipes, periodically on Lift.
Canna Green Smoothie
You’ll love this super green smoothie anytime of the day and infusing with canna honey gives you a little sweet kick to get your day started.
The super green smoothie makes for a great accompaniment to your breakfast and then doubles as one of your next snacks throughout the day. Put in your smoothie jar and bring it with you while on the go. The variants are endless with the super green smoothie as you can add your favorite leafy greens in place of the kale and romaine, and you can use your favorite apple or pear in place of the green apple.
Adding kale to your diet is important, as kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K and C, and is rich in calcium.
3 Leaves of Kale
3 Leaves of Romaine
1 Cup Coconut Water
1 Cup Water
1 Green Apple
1 TBSP of Lemon Juice
1 tsp Cannabis Infused Honey
Directions for Super Green Smoothie:
- Rinse all fruits and vegetables under cool running water
- Remove the stem of the kale leaves
- Place the kale, romaine, coconut water, and water in your blender and blend on high for 1 minute
- Cut the cucumber and apple into medium size pieces and add to blender and blend for another minute
- Add the peeled banana and lemon juice and blend for 30 seconds and you’re done!!
- Add the cannabis infused honey once you pour your cup.
Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy